This course does not rely on the use of any particular Timetable package or method, but will draw from the NovaT suite and also from using spreadsheets.
Delegates will have the opportunity to discuss the strategies needed to prepare and produce a timetable, whether on a computer system or by using another method, or by a mixture of approaches. This course provides the ideal introduction for those new to timetabling prior to using SIMS Nova T6. Course participants are advised to book on the Nova T6 New Users Course available each Spring Term.
- The mechanics of timetabling
- What are the qualities of a good timetable?
- What information does a Timetabler require?
- Departmental planning
- Curriculum planning and analysis
- Conflict matrices and clash tables
- Structuring the departmental plans into suitable structures ready for scheduling
- The thinking behind scheduling and timetabling Scheduling techniques