This issue only applies to schools who do not have their SIMS hosted by Scomis.
All Scomis hosted schools have had a Capita workstation patch applied. Non-hosted schools will need to manually deploy the patch ‘SIMS Autumn 2019 – Consolidation Worksation Patch 2 – Error Printing from Take Register Screen’ via Solus.
What is the problem?
After the SIMS Autumn release, when a user is in the Take Register, when the Print button is clicked you are met with the following error:
“Error – Unable to load or process layout file. It must be a valid XSL file.”
Are any other reports impacted with the same bug?
Yes, the same error in the code will impact the following reports in these ways:
Error when printing
- Focus | Attendance / Lesson Monitor | Take Register
- Focus | Dinner Money | Record Pupil Meals
User-defined fields do not appear
- Routines | Attendance / Lesson Monitor | Edit Reason for Change
If user-defined fields are being used columns will display in the wrong order
- Focus | Attendance / Lesson Monitor | Deal with Missing Marks
- Focus | Attendance / Lesson Monitor | Deal with Unexplained Absences
Crashes when opening a date range
- Routines | Lesson Monitor | Resolve Conflicting Lesson Marks
How is this issue fixed?
Capita have produced a Workstation Patch. Scomis have released the patch for all non-hosted schools via Solus.
The patch is called ‘SIMS Autumn 2019 – Consolidation Worksation Patch 2 – Error Printing from Take Register Screen’.
The patch will not deploy automatically and will need to be manually deployed.