UPDATE 18/06/2020 09:30
Following feedback from schools we have updated the Covid19 report to make things a little clearer and to deal with the different circumstances schools are in. The link to this report can be found towards the bottom of the page.
When the report is re-installed it will need to be modified in line with pages 9 to 11 of the user guide.
If you are installing the report for the first time please follow all the steps described in the user guide.
Scomis have designed a report to help our customers complete the daily DfE return on attendance, focusing on the student / pupil section.
Full details and instructions are given in the user guide available here.
The final report will look similar to this
In order to make use of the new report please follow the 4 steps below.
- Contact Scomis to request Patch 25870 is applied to your SIMS database (Hosted customers) or released to you via Solus3 (non Hosted customers). The patch provides additional attendance codes to help identify reasons for absence. These codes are described in the table below and should be used when taking an attendance register. The new codes will not affect any returns for attendance
Steps 2 and 3 can be carried out while you wait for the patch to be installed
- Some of the information required by DfE is not usually recorded in SIMS you will need to create 3 new User Defined fields and record the information in SIMS for:
- Critical Worker
- Otherwise Vulnerable
- Social Worker
- There is a bulk update routine that speeds up this process
- download the Covid-19 SIMS report from here, import into SIMS and tailor according to your school’s requirements.
- Once attendance data has been entered into SIMS using the new attendance codes the report will provide the information required to complete the student section of the DfE online form.