This course is available from ScoLearn – Scomis Digital Learning Platform. Please create an account before purchasing any courses.
As soon as you purchase the course, you will have instant access and it will be available to you for 12 months.
This course explores the functionality of SEN in SIMS to enable the effective and efficient use in relation to the SEND Code of Practice.
Benefits of attending
To understand how to make best use of the functionality relating to SEN in SIMS.
What you will learn
This course provides an overview of the SIMS software for SEN, including setting up details of reviews, events and provisions, creating reports and editing look up tables.
• configuring panels on the SIMS Homepage to help monitor SEN processes
• managing and recording details of reviews, events and provisions
• managing pupils with Statements (Wales only)and Education and Health Care Plans (EHCP)(England)
• producing the SEN reports provided in SIMS
• editing SEN related look up tables to provide school customisation
• adding linked adults, agents and agencies
• sending, receiving and viewing messages relating to SEN pupils.
Who is it for?
SENCOs and senior staff with responsibility for overseeing the SEND processes; Teaching Assistants and Administrative Staff who may be involved in maintaining SEN information.