This half day course explores the functionality of SEN in SIMS to enable the effective and efficient use in relation to the SEND Code of Practice.
Benefits of attending
To understand how to make best use of the functionality relating to SEN in SIMS.
What you will learn
This course provides an overview of the SIMS software for SEN, including setting up details of reviews, events and provisions, creating reports and editing look up tables.
• configuring panels on the SIMS Homepage to help monitor SEN processes
• managing and recording details of reviews, events and provisions
• managing pupils with Statements (Wales only)and Education and Health Care Plans (EHCP)(England)
• producing the SEN reports provided in SIMS
• editing SEN related look up tables to provide school customisation
• adding linked adults, agents and agencies
• sending, receiving and viewing messages relating to SEN pupils.
Who is it for?
SENCOs and senior staff with responsibility for overseeing the SEND processes; Teaching Assistants and Administrative Staff who may be involved in maintaining SEN information.
Feedback from November 2018 course:
Exceptionally informative information. Each time a question linked to the training was asked, the response was accurate and knowledgeable.
I will be leaving here full of knowledge and ready to explore SIMS more thoroughly.
Half Day 9.30- 1.00pm
How to book: