Do you spend valuable time and money trying to keep your systems up to date?
Our Hosted Applications Service removes the burden and cost of managing SIMS, FMS and other databases and applications onsite with school based servers so you don’t need to worry about upgrades, patches, back ups or keeping server software up to date – we take care of that for you remotely with no disruption to your school day. What’s more, you won’t need the latest hardware and you can access your data securely from anywhere with an internet connection – just like having your own private cloud!
Hosted Applications Service for Capita SIMS and FMS
This popular service is used by more than 600 educational establishments from large secondary schools with more than 2,000 students and their own in-house support teams through to small, rural nurseries and primary schools.
Key features of the service include:
- Seamless, secure and flexible access – you can access your databases at any time using a range of devices whether in school, at home or anywhere with an internet connection;
- Ideal for Multi Academy Trusts and Federations – through our school chooser, we can provide access to each school’s dataset through one secure logon enabling your users to work from any site;
- Third Party Applications Integration – for trouble free integration with SIMS. We even host and manage many third party applications for you so saving you more time and money. For a full list please click here.
- SIMS in the Classroom made easy – from trouble free creation of new users and password resets without needing to log a support call through to access to all staff for one annual contract fee our hosted service takes the pain out of embedding SIMS in the classroom;
- Hassle free upgrades – we take care of upgrades and patches for you and we do not release our upgrades until we are satisfied that they are robust;
- No need to worry about hardware and software updates – whether it’s SOLUS 3 or SQL Server 2012 that’s needed for the next SIMS upgrade, you don’t need to worry about expensive hardware or software refreshes – it’s our job to keep our platform up to date so SIMS just works and keeps on working;
- Offsite Backup – included within the cost of the service, we back up your SIMS and FMS databases every night and can restore daily data up to 30 days and rolled up data for the previous 5 months if required;
- Built-in Resilience – your data is held in our enterprise class datacentre in Exeter and then mirrored to a remote site within Devon County Council so that you can rest assured that your data is safe;
- High levels of Availability – our aim is to ensure that our service is available 99% or more between 7.30am and 5.30pm during term time. In reality it is generally available 100% of the time 24/7.
For more information download the brochure here.
Additional Hosting Services
As well as a full range of Third Party applications that integrate with SIMS, we provide hosted application services for the following:
SIMS Partnership Xchange is designed to facilitate Sixth Form Colleges working in partnership with other colleges and businesses who accommodate Sixth Form students on apprenticeships. This service combines the Sixth Form data from all the Partnership sites into a Monitor Database in order that staff at all sites can view relevant data thus enabling attendance at lessons or courses in different establishments and locations
This product requires quite a complex infrastructure to be implemented and maintained across the different sites involved. If you take our hosted service we take responsibility for ensuring that all of the component parts of the product are in place, working and updated. We also provide an ongoing support service.
Hosting services are also available for a range of finance systems including Capita FMS and Civica Resource Financials. For more information about any of these services, please contact us at email@example.com or 01392 385300.