Benefits of attending
This course explores how the Course Manager functionality of SIMS links areas such as Nova-T, Academic Management and Examinations Organiser to support the maintenance of post-16 learning aims.
This course will show you how to:
- understand when a course is created
- understand the relationship between Course Manager and other areas of SIMS
- manage the student memberships of courses
- understand the link between examination awards and courses of study
- import and assign QWS QAN codes
- manage the post-16 learning aims processes
- carry out key processes related to the post 16 Census
The morning course will not cover non-post-16 elements of the autumn census
What you will learn
By the end of the course, you will be able to manage the post-16 learning aims processes including:
Who is it for?
This course is aimed at SIMS/Data Managers, Academic Administrators, Examination Officers and staff responsible for the post-16 learning aims return.
An understanding of the curriculum structures and procedures used in the school and knowledge of the school’s curriculum policy would be helpful. An understanding of the operation of Nova-T, Examinations Organiser and statutory returns would be useful but is not essential.
Course Manager in SIMS – Tutor Led Training (scomis.org)